bell alert

• Hi,

Even though I have no unread messages the bell is showing that I have alerts

Please explain why

Thanks

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Forgot to say that the image in my previous post shows the bell in the image in the forums not in my account

• Hello there,

I’ve taken a look and I can’t see any pending in the notifications bell.

Does this clear when clearing the browser cache? https://en.support.wordpress.com/browser-issues/#clearing-your-browser-cache

• I cleared the cache and still have the same issue

• Hi there,

I also have this issue. Whenever I clear my notifications, my bell is highlighted even when there is not a new notification. I normally notice it when I back out of a page or when I have several tabs open on WordPress.com. Are you using Chrome?

Your notification alerts appear to be clear from this end, are you still seeing them on your end? If not, please post here again once the issue rearises. We’ll check again.

Thank you!

• I am using vivaldi currently and see the bell “issue” I have not yet tried other browsers to see if they have the same “issue”

I also see my notification alerts are clear

• I am using vivaldi currently and see the bell “issue” I have not yet tried other browsers to see if they have the same “issue”

I also see my notification alerts are clear

• Would you be able to share a screenshot of how it appears when it’s highlighted without having any notifications?

You could upload it to your Media library and paste the URL here for us to check.

As it is, similar to staff-doublebassd I occasionally see an unread notification on the bell icon if I have many WordPress.com tabs open – usually if I look at the notification in one tab it goes away there, but stays active in other tabs. The quickest fix for me (if I’m keeping open the tab where it shows unread notifications) is usually just to quickly open and close my notifications panel.

• Would you be able to share a screenshot of how it appears when it’s highlighted without having any notifications?

@staff-95percentghost

What I see even without any new notifications is what I posted in my original post

If that is not what you are wanting to see please explain what you would like a screenshot of

• quickly open and close my notifications panel

How do I so?

• Hi there,

How do I so?

I think they mean to just click on the bell to collapse it and click it again to get rid of the notification after clearing them.

Have you checked out any other browsers to see if you experience the same thing?

• Brave browser is showing the same issue as Vivaldi is

The only time I see the bell straight is the first page the my home page you see when logging into my account

• Hello there,

I’ve done some research and it looks like this is a known issue, which has been hard to pin down.

We’ve various reports of browser and versions on this issue.

Out of curiosity, what browsers and their versions are you seeing this on?

• Brave version is v1.45.131

Vivaldi 5.5.2805.44

those are the most current versions as of this writing I am pretty sure

I am not the only one having this issue it appears that is fine

thanks for the information

• Many thanks for the report and the additional information!

• The topic ‘bell alert’ is closed to new replies.