Baskerville – Remove white space at top of post

• I have created a new website with Baskerville 2 which we are very happy with except on every post there is a a large white space in between the title and the beginning of the text.
    eg: https://acproductions.co.nz/2023/06/27/wahine-50-years-on/

I there any way to adjust this?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

The white space is largely due to the lack of a featured image. It can be adjusted with some custom CSS code, but that requires the WordPress.com Premium plan.

I think it doesn’t make sense for you to upgrade just for this, so I would actually suggest adding a featured image instead to your blog posts. Would you be open to that?

You can learn more about adding featured images here:

WP
    Featured Images
    2 min read
    A featured image represents the contents, mood, or theme of a post or page. Posts and pages can have a single featured image, which many themes and tools can use to enhance the presentation of your site. Set a Featured Image To set a featured image on a post or page, follow these steps: Visit your dashboard. Click on Pages or Posts from the options on the left. Click on the t

In this theme, Featured Images are 945 wide; 1400 wide when using the Full-Width template.

Feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

• Thanks for your reply!
    Displaying the featured images on blogs doesn’t really work for us.
    Could you please let me know what CSS to use as I could try it out on another of my websites which has the Premium Plan and uses the same theme: https://halologbook.com/

• Hi there,

You can try the following CSS to reduce the spacing between the title and the post content:

.single .post-content {
        padding-top: 3%;
    }

Note that you can change the % value to find the spacing you like. I settled on 3% since anything smaller than that will cause this thin grey border to get too close to the text

You can also use the following code to remove padding below the title (instead of above the text) to move things even closer.

.single .post-header {
        padding-bottom: 3%;
    }

If you wish you can use both of those bits of code, and adjust the spacing of each to arrive at the total spacing you are after. As mentioned previously, to use that code on acproductions.co.nz will require upgrading to our Premium Plan:

You can have the site owner upgrade acproductions.co.nz by clicking the link above, and it is worth noting that they would not pay the full price shown here, but instead will pay a discounted price that accounts for the cost of the Personal Plan so they do not over pay.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• Thank you so much. That solves the problem!
    I will talk with the site owner at acproductions.co.nz to see if she wants to upgrade to Premium.

• The topic ‘Baskerville – Remove white space at top of post’ is closed to new replies.