bandcamp shortcodes not working

• is anyone else noticing that the wordpress shortcodes in bandcamp are not working? i tried to attach one to my page today, and it displayed an error 400 message on my blog page. i tried another one as well, only to get the same message. i know bandcamp recently switched over to a fancier embedding process, so is this related to that at all?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• yeah not working, bandcamp changed the players, since wordpress.com works safe, there must be a plugin to check all code that goes in posting, and i think with shortcode it loads safe embed code at backend via bandcamp’s API (REST) with bandcamp making changes, the servers at bandcamp are not loading the widget with old code
    imho

• I’ll tag this thread for Staff assistance. Please subscribe to the thread so you are notified when they respond and please be patient while waiting.

• the old shortcode is working, wordpress.com needs to make changes at their end.
    the new shortcode includes other parameters/options:
    width, height, artwork,
    the size took value venti, grande, etc
    but the new embed code has size taking 3 values, small, medium, large.

wordpress.com needs fixing

• i’ve found a temporary fix: if you manually adjust the width setting on the bandcamp side, it should work on the page. for me, i set the width to 540, and it switched from the error 400 message to the correct player.

i agree that wordpress needs to fix some shortcodes, so that manual overrides are not necessary.

• @samplestiltskin the player loaded is old one, with next and previous buttons on either side of play/pause button.
    new players would be displayed after the automatticans fix it, manual tweaking until then

• This is just to note that it is the weekend. Staff work their way through support tickets and forum threads tagged for their attention by dealing with those that have the earliest date and timestamps first, then moving forward to deal with those that have the most recent date and time stamps. Please be patient while waiting for Staff to assist the bloggers who posted before you did.

• Hi there, thanks for reporting this issue. We just made some changes and updates to the BandCamp shortcode that should fix this. Can you try again and let me know if you are still having trouble with it?

• I’m still having this problem. I’ve just tried to add a Bandcamp player into my site, but it didn’t work.

• Hi grindcommander, we just updated the Bandcamp support page with the latest instructions for embedding a Bandcamp player: Bandcamp

Following the instructions in that guide, are you still having trouble embedding the player on your site? If so, can you provide a link to the post or page where you’re having trouble? I’d be happy to take a look!

• The topic ‘bandcamp shortcodes not working’ is closed to new replies.