Background Image

• I’d like to make a background for my site.. you know, the image that the website appears OVER. right now if you go to my site http://www.swtortoday.com you will see that the background i am referring to is the blue coloring.

What I want it to look like is going to be a little more complicated then i thought .. unless you guys can help me.. but basically first i want the background to be two colors that bleed into each other at the center. blue-ish on one side, red-ish on the other side. Next, along the blue side i want starting at the top of where my website page begins, an image of the star wars republic insignia, and opposite to that on the red side the imperial insignia from star wars. now going down from each insignia i want 4 images, each side. these images will be a selected images of each class in the game star wars the old republic. so… example is left side is blue, has the republic logo at the top, then an image of a Jedi Knight, then an image of a Jedi Consular, then a image of a smuggler, and then a image of a trooper. All vertically set.. and i need them to line up against my website page. and the same goes for the red-ish side with the 4 empire classes.

I have permission from Bio-ware and Lucas arts to use a certain amount of images that they have sent me. so with the use of photo-shop i can cut out parts of these images that ill use as the Jedi knight image or the Sith warrior image.. preferably in action, like swinging their light-saber..fighting.. Ill do this for each and every class. including the insignia.

My problem is that everybody’s browser is set to different settings. some wider some thinner.. so how do i make sure that these images will line up against the side of my website page, no matter what. …and if the person viewing the websites’ screen is set to some crazy wide setting then the area beyond the images will just be the blue-ish or red-ish (depending what side we are talking about) color infinitely. That way it doesn’t matter how big a screen they got, there will be no blank area But the images will still be next to the website page..

HOW! DO! I! DO! THIS! I’m freaking out. I’ve been trying to look it up, Google it.. read through a hundred articles and try to take that knowledge and make it make sense in regards to my own personal project here.. but I’m still sitting here baffled.

Is this even possible?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The blog you specified at http://www.swtortoday.com does not appear to be hosted at WordPress.com.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. Since your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums. http://wordpress.org/support/

• The topic ‘Background Image’ is closed to new replies.