Approving & replying a comment by email

• I’ve enabled comment reply by email setting but I still have a little problem.

Everytime I get an email notification that a comment is held for moderation (comment from someone with no-previously-approved-comment) and want to reply it from my inbox I have to do several steps:
    1. approve that comment (by clicking the link in the mail, which will open wp admin page in a new tab)
    2. wait another email notifying me the new comment has “appeared”
    3. then reply to that email (which I think is not “reply by email” anymore because the admin page already opened in another tab)

I can’t reply to the first email because it sent from (email visible only to moderators and staff) and doesn’t specify a different reply-to address like the second email.

Anybody know how to approving & replying a comment AT ONCE without doing all the steps above? I looked at the support page but I can’t find a way for this.

Btw, my blog is set like this:
    E-mail me whenever Anyone posts a comment
    E-mail me whenever A comment is held for moderation
    Before a comment appears Comment author must have a previously approved comment
    Enable sending comment replies via email

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• you might want to change the setting to ‘Before a comment appears Comment author must have a previously approved comment’ to have all comments approved regardless of previously approved comments to skip step no. 1.

when you receive e-mail notifications of comments, the e-mail addresses would be visible just above the comment itself. you can copy and paste the add and reply straight away from your inbox.

• I knew that when I reply to the comment notification email the reply-to address (something like (email visible only to moderators and staff)) is already set (even no need to copy & paste).

What I want is when I get a-comment-is-held-for-moderation email (the one from (email visible only to moderators and staff), not from (email visible only to moderators and staff)) and want to reply that comment I just reply to that email AS IF the comment has been approved, i.e my reply “tells” wordpress to approve that comment and then reply it.

So, I assume that there is no way (yet) to approve & reply comment at the same time if my blog is set to hold any comment made by people with no previously approved comment…

• I just reply to that email AS IF the comment has been approved, i.e my reply "tells" wordpress to approve that comment and then reply it.

wp.com wouldn’t know if you have replied to that e-mail since the ‘transaction’ happens in your e-mail and not in your blog. so unfortunately that cannot be done.

• if i may rephrase my previous answer:

I assume that there is no way (yet) to approve & reply comment at the same time if my blog is set to hold any comment made by people with no previously approved comment

that’s right, since there is no option for this in settings, such as the ‘Enable sending comment replies via email’ one.

• The topic ‘Approving & replying a comment by email’ is closed to new replies.