annual year in review for 2016 for my blog?

• Where do I find the annual year in review for my blog for 2016?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• You wait until the new year and then you will be able to locate it.

• Thank you. I just don’t recall if I receive a link or whether there is a specific place to locate it.

• Hi there,

If I remember correctly we usually email links to sites that qualify for the annual review, but that won’t happen until the first week of January as the review contains data up until 31 December :)

• Thanks for the information.

• Hi again,

I’ve just been informed that there won’t be a Year in Review this year, but it might be back in a different form in future.

I liked receiving that report myself, so I know this is disappointing, but this year it won’t be possible for us to send those out.

• I am sadly disappointed. I liked the short video with so much information and the fireworks. What is the problem this year? Too many of us with too many blogs? Too few computer engineers to work on it? Let me know if there is a miracle and it will happen in the near future. Wishing you a bright year ahead for 2017. Thanks.

• It basically takes a team working all of December to get those reports generated and sent out in time, so we’re looking for a better way to do it that’s not as resource-intensive. I completely understand your disappointment – my own blog will be very sad this year without its fireworks – but we will be looking at other options to do this going forward.

All the best for 2017 for you also :)

• There were some great suggestions from the Daily Post about creating your own Year in Review. You can find it here: https://dailypost.wordpress.com/2016/12/15/your-blogs-year-in-review/

• This news saddens me. I was so looking forward to the annual review. Well, thanks for letting us know. (sniff, sniff)

• So my question is perhaps too simple: is it possible to create a tracking software which generates the information you need from our blogs to make the Year in Review go more smoothly? I probably do not fully understand everything that goes on behind the scenes to do this for us. I do know, however, the work I do behind the scenes as a music minister at church to select, practice and then present the music every week. You must have a mountain of a job with all of us!

• is it possible to create a tracking software which generates the information you need from our blogs to make the Year in Review go more smoothly?

That is basically what needs to be done. We have all the data, but there isn’t a simple way (yet) to process it all in the reports that have been sent out in the past. Hopefully by this time next year we’ll have that in place, but as you say, behind the scenes it’s a complicated process and does take time.

• A lot of the raw information is already available to you in your yearly stats at https://wordpress.com/stats/year/

Although not presented as charmingly as in the official Annual Report you can see the number of posts you published, how many views and visitors you had, as well as the number of comments and Likes. Scroll down further to see your most visited posts, where they linked in from and the countries your visitors came from.

• How lovely of you to send me this information. I delight in all the countries who read and follow me as well as re-blog some of my posts. I sensed that somehow it had grown this year and am delighted to see the facts affirming that. A creative 2017 to you!

• Glad to help. Wishing you all the best for 2017. :)

• Thinking about the annual reviews, I didn’t think that the number of comments to posts, or who made the most comments, really provides any benefit. Of course, we as bloggers appreciate comments, but it is the number of views that matter, at least to me.

When I opted to have only those with Word Press accounts be able to post comments, (it also allows people to sign-in through Facebook or Twitter), the number of people submitting comments decreased. Choosing that option was very important for me because I had been bombarded with harassing comments sent through proxy IP addresses.

Maybe feedback on that issue will be helpful, and if others agree, Word Press can save itself some work by not including comments in the annual review.

• I find value in it all and hopefully we will get our new improved annual review videos back for 2017. Thanks. Peace in 2017!

• @blackbutterfly768 to the best of my knowledge, only comments that were published on your site, i.e. approved/allowed by you, are included in the comments stats.

• to the best of my knowledge, only comments that were published on your site, i.e. approved/allowed by you, are included in the comments stats.

I can confirm this. Comment stats, whether on the regular stats page or the annual review, only counts approved comments, so deleted or spammed comments are not counted in your comment stats.

• The topic ‘annual year in review for 2016 for my blog?’ is closed to new replies.