All You Tube video's wiped off my blogsite and replaced by No hotlinking please.

• What is going on? Haven’t posted since April but was on blogsite a week ago. Video’s were present, now All seem to be gone and all I see is No hotlinking please.

90% of my blogsite since 2009 are Music Blogs which mean all of them are now ruined. I have used the gigya code and cannot possibly go and re-edit almost over 875 blogs and some with multiple or over 40 video’s on them, but only 1 being gigya though on those particular ones.

Please somebody help to explain and fix otherwise my blogsite is completely shot.

I just posted a blog and inserted both gigya code YT video then just the link/url to YT video. That one showed, so if this comes down to WP not allowing the Gigya code and I know WP never supported it but it was allowed for the videos to be seen.

Again I cannot re-edit all those music blogs going back to 09′. Please do not do this to me. Beyond upset right now. Devastated more like it.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Well this seems to be ONLY in Firefox, in Opera all of them are there and playing. So anybody looking at my blogs in FF will see nothing (gigya code anyway).

What in the world. Does anybody know what I can do in Firefox to fix this? Unreal.

• Hi there, As you mentioned, the gigya shortcode method hasn’t worked here consistently for a number of years. If you are embedding from YouTube, please either use the oembed method or follow the other methods here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/videos/youtube/

FWIW-I’m using FF 54 and can see both instances of The Peacocks YouTube video in your August 6 post.

• Also, please give us a direct link to a post on your site where the video is missing with the “No hotlinking” message. Thanks.

• OK-I did some digging. On this post
    longshotsblues.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/midnight-rambler-stones/ there is a missing video which is not linked to YouTube directly but to a site called wpcomwidgets.com When I tried to access that site, the only thing there is a landing page with the message “No hotlinking please.”

So digging even further, stranger still it seems that wpcomwidgets.com is owned by Automattic, WordPressdotcom’s parent company. I’ll tag this for Staff input. Thanks for your patience while waiting for their reply.

• The short answer is that Gigya is not officially supported by WordPress.com. It may work, but it also may stop working suddenly for no obvious reason.

Sad as it is to say, you will need to edit your posts if you want the youtube embeds to work.

• Edit almost 900 posts? Impossible. So in reality instead of WP having just supporting Gigya officially my blogsite is now completely ruined. Sad isn’t even the right word for all this.

• To be clear, WordPress.com has never officially supported Gigya, so there was no guarantee that it would always work. While I agree that must be frustrating, it is the risk you take when you use a method that isn’t officially supported by the platform you are posting on.

As Jet posted earlier, the official methods for including YouTube content on your WordPress.com blog are here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/videos/youtube/

• The topic ‘All You Tube video's wiped off my blogsite and replaced by No hotlinking please.’ is closed to new replies.