Align Post Text Left (Remove column for EDIT)

• Hi! My post text crosses my right sidebar. I want to move it to leftmost part, and maybe put the “0 COMMENT-EDIT” which actually occupied left column of the entire post.

P.S. I’m musing the Rowling theme. Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi lilylethfleur,

My post text crosses my right sidebar.

I haven’t been able to find any text overlapping the sidebar on healthbricks.wordpress.com. Can you send a link to the post where this is happening?

• Actually, I’ve just realised you may have been asking about moving content from the right sidebar into the content area on the left :) Is that what you mean’t?

• Hi gemmacevans!

In some posts it doesn’t appear, but I was referring to this one – Blog Post.

You will notice number 1 all the way down; all paragraphs cross the right sidebar.
    :(

Pls. help. Thanks.

• Hi there,

It looks like you have some weird line breaks in your content there. Did you copy-paste your content in from another source?

Especially if you copied from a word processing program it’s possible you’ve copied in some invisible code from that program that doesn’t display in our editor, as it’s not HTML, but that nonetheless affects how the post displays in the browser.

When copying from other sources it’s always a good idea to use the Paste as Text button in the editor, or else to first copy the content into a text editor like Notepad, and them copy it to your site from there. This will strip out any code that doesn’t belong, and should prevent issues like this from happening.

https://en.support.wordpress.com/visual-editor/#pasting-text

In this case I’d recommend editing that post, and remove all the line breaks from within your paragraphs – wherever you see a line break, position your cursor, press delete, and add in a space instead. That should allow the editor to create new lines automatically where needed based on the screen width.

• Hi Kokkieh!

It works! I just copied it to notepad and pasted the plain text back, and it’s already perfectly aligned. Yeah I guess I got it from my doc processor app. Better to write my draft on notepad next time.

Thank you so much. :)

• The topic ‘Align Post Text Left (Remove column for EDIT)’ is closed to new replies.