Adding pictures/photos

• I’ve genuinely tried with the new block editor, but I’m finding it impossible to use. The latest problem is that, if I try to add a picture, it tells me that the picture is too small. These pictures work fine using classic editor. If they are any larger, they won’t show up when I share a link to my Facebook page, which is why I don’t use large pictures. Is there a way round this? I’ve used these as my “signature” pictures for years?

I really do find the block editor impossible to use, and I have tried. Maybe it works for millennial IT whizzes, but not for me.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

The latest problem is that, if I try to add a picture, it tells me that the picture is too small. These pictures work fine using classic editor. If they are any larger, they won’t show up when I share a link to my Facebook page, which is why I don’t use large pictures.

This is is a new issue to me. Can you link to an affected post or page? Also, what’s the exact error you get?

I’ll bet we can get to the bottom of this.

Also, if you want the same picture to show up every time you make a post, have you considered setting that image as the site icon? You can do that in Customize: Site Identity. If you’ll add the picture there, that will become the default when you don’t have a featured image set.

• Thanks. It’s saying that I can’t add photos unless they’re at least 1200 x 600 in size.

• Hi there,

I’m not sure I understood this:

If they are any larger, they won’t show up when I share a link to my Facebook page, which is why I don’t use large pictures.

When you share to Facebook, if your image is larger than 480 x 480 pixels they will automatically downsize the image and share a smaller version. You should not need to give Facebook a smaller image in this case. https://wordpress.com/support/publicize/#images-in-publicize

I created a post on my test site (same Writr theme you are using now) and set an image that was larger than 1200 x 600px, and for me it was shared correctly.

Screenshot of what I saw when I tried to share it here:

Click to view image

If you wish to use the enlarged image I used in my test (I made it larger in photoshop) you can download it here.

If you use the larger 1200px copy as your featured image, does it successfully show up in Facebook when you share it?

• Thanks. I’ll bookmark this, but stick to the classic editor for now as I really do find the block editor impossible! Thanks for your help.

• The topic ‘Adding pictures/photos’ is closed to new replies.