Adding picture to my site

• I want to add a picture to my site, but have not been able to. I used Photobucket for Blogger.com and a forum I visit- the picture did upload. I tried all 3 options on Photobucket and then pasted to the appropriate space at Word Press and hit the Upload button. Nothing happens. Any suggestions as to what I am not doing correctly?

• Because you’re using the Visual editor when you can only paste code into the Code editor. Just click the tab at the top of the Write box to get to the Code editor. You might also find the FAQ useful:

How do I upload pictures? [Screencast]

• I did that and a picture did go to my site in a new post area. What I want to do is add a picture that will always show up whenever I post. (rather than an avatar). I see that on the first page there is an area where that can be done. However, my picture is too big. What size should my picture be?

Is that area under the “Write” area used for printing one time pictures to a post?

• There is no automatic way for your image to be displayed on each new post you make. The only way you can have the same image in every post is to upload it into one post and then copy the code for the image into each new post you make. Also note that we cannot see what you refer to on the front page of your blog because you have not provided the url for the blog.

Is that area under the “Write” area used for printing one time pictures to a post?

The area with the “browse” button is for uploading images and sending them to the editor into the post directly above it.

• Um, I think there’s a bit of misunderstanding here. You can’t “upload” a picture from photobucket. You can link to one hosted there though. You upload from your own computer.

Yes. Upload it the first time from your desktop. Once it’s in your space here at wp.com, you can find it again via the Browse All tab and send it to the editor by clicking on it and following the instructions and selections.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

• The topic ‘Adding picture to my site’ is closed to new replies.