Adding images in Gallery mode to an existing page

• How do I PUBLISH a new page. I have added the page and tried to publish it many times. (I have added the page name, ‘Gallery’, to my menu.)

Also, how do I add new images in a GALLERY FORMAT to this page; earlier pictures came up fine. The new ones come up as individual images.

Thank you

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The page at http://deewhycats.com.au/gallery/ exists but it doesn’t seem to have an active link. On every page, the link to the gallery page loops back to whatever page that you are on.

Are you using a Custom Menu? If so, try removing the page entirely from the menu, save the menu and then add the Gallery page again and save the menu again.
    ==
    If you want to add new images to an existing Gallery from the New Dashboard, open the Page for editing and click anywhere on the Gallery until you see the pencil/X icon at the top. Click on the pencil. This will bring you back to the screen where you chose the layout of your Gallery.

At the top left of that screen you’ll see a link to “Media Library.” Click on that and you’ll see that all your previously selected Gallery images are already selected. Either upload or add new images to your Media Library and select them. When you are done, click “Continue” and you will be brought back to the Gallery creation screen. Make any changes there if needed and click “Update” to return to your Page.

Remember to also click the “Update” button to update your Page.

The principle is the same if you are doing this in your site’s WP Admin Dashboard, but let me know if you need more help with that or where you get stuck.

**It also seems that it may be preferable to edit in the WP Admin Dashboard at the moment as there is something goofy going on with editing a Gallery in the New Dashboard. Rather than updating the existing one, it creates an additional image Gallery.

I’ve opened a forum thread specifically for this issue here and marked it for Staff attention: https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/editing-a-gallery-in-new-dash?replies=1#post-2592644

• Hi, thanks so much for your reply … I was able to publish the page (had hit bold blue button =”publish”, on right, but not pale button =”update menu”, on left!

Much appreciated.

Struggling with images … have got gallery format back, but won't go on to my page; it became a separate 'post' page with advert on…. Will try later.

Thank you justjennifer.

Cheers, Mary

• Hi, Yes, there is a problem with editing a Gallery in New Dashboard. The images appeared on a new post (with advert on) and were not added to existing page.
    I then again tried editing in in WP Admin Dashboard, but images still appear individually, not in a Gallery format. I have lots of photos of clients’ cats ready to go… more help appreciated.
    Great to have page published, but.
    Thanks, and have a good day,
    Mary

• Hi again. As I said, because of the problem I described, at the moment the preferred method is editing the Gallery Page in the WP Admin dashboard and not the New Dashboard. You can get to your site’s WP Admin by adding wp-admin to the end of your site URL.

Just so you know, unless you have the No Ads upgrade (part of the Premium or Business bundle), WordPressdotcom can run adverts on your site. More about that here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/no-ads/

• Hi technician Ash suggested remedy: I have now made one large gallery on the page. I had done lots of smaller ones on one page to get lots of space around images and to show family groupings of cats together. Much easier now. Thanks again. Cheers, Mary

• Thanks for sharing me this great information …

Harsimrat Kaur Badal

• @marygreg Thanks for sharing the Staff response you received. I’m glad to hear this is now resolved for you. You are welcome to mark this thread as resolved by changing the status in the drop down menu in the sidebar. Only you can do so.

• @bhagwantmann1 – Kindly note that signature lines like the one you have added to your above reply are frowned upon in these forums. Your username is already linked to your site. Thanks.

• @justjennifer- Thanks

• The topic ‘Adding images in Gallery mode to an existing page’ is closed to new replies.