Add link to images

• Hi there, after there was an update to the wordpress editor I am having trouble editing images — adding links, “clicking to enlarge” and other features included in the old editor. Thanks for your help!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• When you insert an image, click it once. That brings up a toolbar which has image/text alignment, sizing (+/-) and caption options. Also, handles appear around the image so you can either drag one of the corners to make it smaller or click the “-” in the toolbar.

To have the resized image link to the larger version, click on the image in your post, then click the insert/edit link icon in the main editor toolbar. It should automatically fill in with the url of the full size image. Then save.

• That worked! Thank you so much micawbr! I had been trying to figure that out since the editor changed. Many thanks :)

• You’re welcome.

• @micawbr – many thanks , thought I was going nuts !!

is there a default for that always being on like it used to be , surely I don’t have to individually do this for every single image ?

“To have the resized image link to the larger version, click on the image in your post, then click the insert/edit link icon in the main editor toolbar. It should automatically fill in with the url of the full size image. Then save. ”

• @tharobster – It doesn’t look like we can set the default to link an image to the larger version in the new editor. The classic editor still works that way, though. You can reach that editor by adding “/wp-admin” to the end of your website url when on the homepage.

• oh , great info will do that . these system developers defy logic at times ;)

• The topic ‘Add link to images’ is closed to new replies.