503 Service Unavailable

• I have four recently started blogs, and have this problem only one one of them (since about 4 PM today). I noticed the problem after posing pics from Flickr (which worked fine, but resulted in some geeky html above the pictures). When I tried editing the post, I started getting the 503 error. I have tried both Firefox and IE6 (no difference). Also the Blog Title doesn’t always correspond to the blog being edited (this feels like some stack/pointer has lost calibration). I haven’t sent any feedback (didn’t even see it, sorry!)

• I’m have this problem on 1 of my 3 blogs. It started late Friday night. I think matt is right about it happening after adding a category, since the affected blog is the only one I added categories to yesterday.

• Hi – I keep getting the same “503 Service Unavailable” error message too. Have also sent through a feedback form on this. Is there any resolution – since almost impossible to do much with the blog at this stage!

• yes, happened to me as well. still not resolved – East Coast, Raleigh, USA. Looks like it occured during addition of a new category. Using latest FireFox on WinXP. Hope this gets resolved, just switched over from Blogger this past week… would hate to start all over again. ;(

• Please send feedback – a post here might get you help at some point. A post through feedback will work much much quicker.

EDIT: I’m clicking names above who say there is a problem and there is not. Unless I know where I cannot fix.

Send feedback with the exact problem. Please.

• Hi again… I think I found the reason for that 503 error // which indeed has to do with categories.

I noticed, when going to Options/Writing, that the pull down menu for (Default post category & Default Bookmark category) had a DUPLICATE value. A friend of mine just had the exact same problem, which apparently happened when adding a category, and not getting a confirmation from the server… he clicked ADD a second time, and generated a duplicate category WITH THE EXACT SAME NAME. (I did the same “mistake” yesterday). Maybe that’s where the loop is.

Since we can’t access our Manage/Categories page (>> 503 Service Unavailable), is there a way the duplicate entry can be removed an other way?

Thanks

Sandra

• I’ve had the same problem since Friday morning, when trying to edit anything. I did send a feedback.

• 04-30-06
    0944 hours

PODZ
    Blog has recovered from the “503” error from yesterday but now I have no editing tool bar when trying to write or edit posts or pages.
    I can’t change fonts or add hyperlinks or send uploaded images to the post etc….. what happened to the tool bar that’s usually above the “text” box when writing a post or page?
    A.W.

• Thanks for the prompt fix.

I let it go for a day or two, thinking it was being resolved elsewhere as a known server problem.

When I couldn’t edit this morning I finally hit the forum here to see what was going on…

Maybe if I had sent a feedback right away trouble shooting would have been easier for admin. Sorry for that.

• In all cases where the editor toolbar does not appear, please press ctrl-f5 on your keyboard.

The editor has gone!

We aren’t about to take it away.

• I have the 503 error and have since yesterday evening.

• helen1 – yours is fixed.

I’m closing the thread.

Use feedback – it’s quicker

• The topic ‘503 Service Unavailable’ is closed to new replies.