2 questions re: The Morning After theme

• Been working with this and I’m pretty pleased with what I’ve accomplished so far. Two questions:
    1. Is there any way to move the Asides section (shown as Quickies on my blog)? I’d like it to appear just after the Latest Post but before the Featured Posts.
    2. Is there any way to exclude Asides posts from the Recent Posts widget?

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Regarding the first, here’s what I’ve tried:

#home_asides {
    position:absolute;
    top:900;
    }

#home_featured {
    top:1100;
    width:470;
    }

While that properly positions things, I’m not sure that is the right way to go or if there is another way to do it.

• And this works, too:

#home_asides {
    top:900;
    }

#home_featured {
    position:relative;
    top:200;
    }
  • As does this:

#home_asides {
    top:-750;
    }

#home_featured {
    top:150;
    }

Is there an advantage to one over the other?

• Vivian, I don’t know if there is a right way or a wrong way to do it (many times it is just a matter of preference), but make sure and check while logged in and logged out. Sometimes some unwanted shifting will take place due to the top admin bar either being there or not.

• Thanks, I will do that. As I read more on the topic, it seems that relative is better than absolute because it keeps things in the normal flow.

Still trying to figure out how to eliminate Asides from Recent Posts widget.

• The asides in the recent posts widget would take some editing of the PHP script files in wordpress core. Perhaps at some point they will allow us to exclude asides. I think that would be useful.

• That’s a shame. I’ve already asked that they modify the recent posts widget to exclude asides and commented in the ideas form post on that as well.

Still playing with the setup on the placement. I guess I don’t know how big the asides area is going to be (as in how many posts it will ultimately show) so I had to change the positioning again when I posted a third asides post. Wish I could find the dimensions somewhere in order to avoid that.

• The topic ‘2 questions re: The Morning After theme’ is closed to new replies.