1 and 1 hosting company (blog theft related)

• Has anyone had any experience before with the hosting/domain server company 1and1 (or oneandone)? I have sent them several emails both via their “abuse” email and their “normal” customer service email and I seem to be getting zero response out of them. I get bot generated emails saying they will look into the matter but that is about it…

So what can you make out of this? Are they shifty? Very busy and take a while to reply? Do what you request of them but just can’t be bothered replying?

From previous experience with a few other hosting companies I am finding their lack of response very wierd (I have sent them emails 6/7 days ago and re sent a few more recently)

Cheers :)

• Try contacting them via phone

1-877-GO-1AND1

• I hope they aren’t shitty, I just transferred my domain to them. :(

• You guys should use more mainstream sites like Godaddy, I think they also provide server support.

• thanks for the tips guys :).. I’ll give the phone number a go!

Cheers!

• GoDaddy is whoreanus. Check out nodaddy.com for reasons why.

If engtech trusts them, they must be legit. He’s rarely wrong. Maybe they’re just slow?

• I’ve heard a lot of good things about 1&1. It’s not who I use though.

• I was with 1&1 in the past. Their email support is bad, but if you call them at the number that was given, things are normally taken care of.

rain, you can find sites like nodaddy for almost anything. I’m sure there’s one out there for wordpress to.

• Oh, there are some right here. The difference is, godaddy really is pretty horrible. They’re like any huge company with a hegemony (like Microsoft). They are so complacent that their default is to fuck you over if anything at all goes sideways. It’s just easier for them.

• Thank you everyone for the very good replies! I shall look further into them and I am sure a solution will be reached soon.

Cheers :)

• The topic ‘1 and 1 hosting company (blog theft related)’ is closed to new replies.