Nostalgic. Sometimes, we long for the past: for moments we want to remember or recapture. The good times. The golden…
Nostalgic. Sometimes, we long for the past: for moments we want to remember or recapture. The good times. The golden years. Or perhaps we’re homesick, or longing for something — or someone — that might have been.
This past month while in New York City, I visited Coney Island. There was just something about this seaside amusement park that conjured memories from my childhood, even though I’d never been there. Maybe the smells, sounds, and sights reminded me of family trips to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and Disneyland, both in California. And the quick thrills I felt going upside down on a rollercoaster, and later winning a stuffed animal at a carnival booth, transported me back to 1985.
IN A NEW POST CREATED SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS CHALLENGE, SHARE A PICTURE THAT MAKES YOU NOSTALGIC.
As with most of our photo challenges, we’re keeping this one wide open to interpretation. Some ideas:
- A meaningful family photograph.
- A snapshot of something or someone that reminds you of your past.
- A “throwback” image of a thing or activity you once loved.
- A picture of your home, home city/country, or a place that you long for.
- An image edited with a vintage filter (try using Instagram, PicMonkey, or other apps).
We look forward to see your nostalgic images!
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.