Companion. Yours may not be covered in fur like mine (AKA Chester J. Lampwick) but you have one — or more.…
Companion. Yours may not be covered in fur like mine (AKA Chester J. Lampwick) but you have one — or more.
You might think “companion” refers to a person with whom you share experiences, but the definition is much broader:
- A person who is frequently in the company of, associates with, or accompanies another.
- A mate or match for something.
- A handbook or guide.
- A member of the lowest rank in an order of knighthood.
(Of course, I live with two furry companions, and I can’t give the other short shrift. Say hello to Felix P. Hoenicker):
This is much more than your opportunity to flood the internet with cat photos (although the internet’s ability to absorb cat photos is infinite, so one can never have too many). Your companion might be a pet, or your partner or progeny. Maybe it’s an object you unconsciously fiddle with as you work, a view that keeps you company, an album that helps you stay grounded, or a hobby you use to unwind at the end of each day. (If your companion is actually a low-ranking knight, you win.)
Share a picture of a COMPANION and explain why you chose that picture.
We’re excited to see who and what you share your lives with!
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag.