Capture an unusual point of view with your camera.
Challenge yourself to rethink your ideas about what subjects are appropriate, and then challenge yourself again to find an unusual perspective on your subject.
For this challenge, let’s keep Lynn’s advice in mind. Go out and take photos and share a shot that reveals a new and different POV. You can take a picture of a familiar subject in a fresh way, as I did of the iconic London Eye in the image above. Instead of a more traditional shot — placing the structure in the middle of the frame and taking it from a more straightforward angle — I focused on the paper art plastered on a red telephone booth along the embankment, further away, and placed the London Eye in the left of the frame, seemingly insignificant.
You can consider other approaches, too:
- Use something natural (window, tree, wall of a building, etc.) to frame your shot.
- Get low on the ground to take a picture from a very different angle.
- Focus on a specific part of a person, object, or structure (instead of all of it) — or intentionally cut off a part of your subject or scene.
- Place something in between you and your subject/scene to offer a distinct perspective, as shown in this shot of Istanbul, taken from in between the rails of a bridge:
IN A NEW POST CREATED FOR THIS CHALLENGE, SHARE A PHOTO WITH AN UNUSUAL POINT OF VIEW.
We look forward to seeing what you come up with!
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag.