Primary and Social Menus
Wanderer supports two Custom Menu locations: the Sidebar Menu, which you can use for your site’s main navigation, and the Social Menu, where you can add links to your social media accounts. Links to supported social media services will be represented by a matching icon. The following services are supported:
- Email (mailto: links)
- RSS Feed (urls with /feed/)
Wanderer has one widget area, located in the slide-out sidebar on single posts and pages, including blog, search, and archives.
Brand Wanderer with your own Site Logo. The logo area is set up for a maximum width of 1200 pixels and maximum height of 350 pixels.
Wanderer has some theme-specific options you can edit under Customize → Theme Options:
This option allows you to feature a user’s Gravatar at the top of the sidebar.
With this option, you can add your own text to the site footer. This area supports HTML for adding links or images.
With Wanderer, you can feature posts tagged with a certain tag (like ‘featured’), and they will show at the very bottom of the single post view (example). This area is a slider, with three posts showing at a time. To add featured content follow these steps:
- After logging into your WordPres.com account, navigate to My Sites > Customize (the button right after Themes section title) > Featured Content
- Enter the name of the tag you would like to feature in the ‘Tag Name’ text field. You can use the recommended ‘featured’ tag, or one of your choosing
- From here, decide if you want to ‘hide tag from displaying in post meta and tag clouds’, and ‘Display tag content in all listings’ then save, and exit the customer. Please note that if you disable the ‘Display tag content in all listings’ option, then the tag of posts you choose to feature will not show in the posts listing on the homepage, only in the featured content area on single posts.
- View any single post, and you should now see your featured content area.
- Note: The image you see in the Featured Content slider is the feature image assigned to your posts. If you do not assign a featured image, a black title over white background will show instead.
If you have any questions about Wanderer and its features, please don’t hesitate to post in the theme’s Support Forum and we would be happy to help you.