Studio is a minimal grid-based portfolio theme designed for photographers and curators. It’s simple, sleek, and powerfully flexible, pairing chiseled aesthetics with crystal-clear organization.
- Create and manage unlimited portfolio pages.
- Keep your audience in the loop with a simple, forward-facing blog.
- Studio is fully responsive, perfectly framing and organizing your work on desktops and mobile devices.
- Studio supports all standard WordPress functionalities (sticky posts, etc.) and Jetpack add-ons.
Studio supports the creation of unlimited Portfolio pages, which can be populated with whichever posts you specify.
There are three steps to creating a Portfolio page.
- Create a page and choose “Portfolio” under “Template” in the right hand sidebar. The title and content of this page won’t show up as it will be populated by your posts once you add them.
- Create a new post or choose an existing one and head to its edit page. Head to the bottom of the right sidebar, and select which portfolio(s) to which you’d like to publish the post.
- Choose an image using WordPress’ Featured Image uploader. This image will be the page’s thumbnail. If you don’t set a featured image, Studio will simply use the first image in your post.
Your post titles will show up on each portfolio item when the user hovers over the image.
Studio’s sidebar can be given a custom background image, ideally one with a portrait aspect ratio. The background displays with a translucent black overlay, whose opacity/darkness can be adjusted in 20% increments using the Sidebar Darkness option in the customization screen.
Thumbnail Aspect Ratios
The thumbnail tiles comprising Studio’s main portfolio view have three selectable aspect ratios: landscape (4:3), portrait (3:4), and square (1:1).
Social Media Links
Studio provides custom icons and easy hookup for: Bandcamp, Behance, Delicious, DeviantArt, Digg, Dribbble, email, Etsy, Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, Github, Google+, Instagram, LastFM, LinkedIn, Myspace, Pinboard, Pinterest, Rdio, Skype, Soundcloud, Spotify, Steam, Stumbleupon, Svpply, Vimeo, and Youtube. Under “Customize” you will also find an option to display your email and phone number.
We’ve been making Tumblr themes since 2009. Truth to be told, we wouldn’t still be afloat had we not acknowledged, early on, that each individual customer is important. Exceptional, human customer support matters to us a great deal.
Each one of our themes comes fully backed by our dedicated support team (all of us). We’re good people, with real faces, and we like what we do. We’ve also created a help centre so you can get help at any hour. Send us an email or tweet at us during office hours (we’re in PST!).
We’re always happy to answer questions. Not sure what theme is best? Looking for a particular feature? Get in touch.