Soundcheck is a one-of-a-kind audio theme for WordPress perfect for bands, artists, musicians, or the like. Built with the latest web technologies, Soundcheck features a custom MP3 audio player allowing your visitors to browse, select, play and skip through tracks right on your website. Also included, is Gig/Events functionality, 4 custom widgets, 4 custom page templates, and a variety of other specific Theme Options.
Custom Audio Player
Need to let your site be heard? Soundcheck comes with a custom audio player with playlist functionality and display options. Adding audio is easy:
- Select the Audio post format.
- Upload the audio (.mp3) you would like to be included in the player.
- And that’s it!
Soundcheck automatically pulls the .mp3 audio files from the gallery and inserts an audio player at the top of the post, playlist and all! Nice!
There are a few other methods of displaying audio with Soundcheck. After creating an audio post, you will have the ability to place any number of audio players into any one of Soundcheck’s 7 widgetized areas. On top of that, the option to display all your audio posts (albums) on one page automatically can be done with the custom Discography page template. Beasty!
Change Track, Album, and Artist Names
You can choose to change the track, album, and artist name for each audio file uploaded to the post. To do this, you can go to the post, click on the “Add Media” icon (next to Upload/Insert audio above the post editor), and choose the audio file you wish to edit. From there you can update the following:
- Track: Update the Title option of the audio track.
- Artist: Update the Caption option of the audio track. By default, the Post author’s name is used.
- Album: Updated the Description option of the audio track. By default, the Post Title is used.
Gigs / Events Functionality
Soundcheck includes some basic gigs/events management. This is a great way to let your visitors know where you will be playing. Using native WordPress functionality, setting up an events page can be done with a few easy steps.
- Create a new post, Schedule the event, and place it in an Events category.
- Create a new page and set it to use the “Events” page template.
- Set the Events category via the Theme Options
Now that this is done, visitors can view your Events page and see all scheduled/upcoming events. As a bonus, Soundcheck comes with a custom Events widget to place in your sidebars! Hot dog!
Soundcheck includes four custom widgets to compliment various features of the theme.
- Audio Player – Display and playback any audio post with this custom audio player widget, complete with controls, playlist, and display options.
- Events – Display upcoming gigs/events.
- Featured Category – Feature a category of posts. Includes variety of display options.
- Featured Post – Feature an individual post. Includes a variety of display options.
To offer some advanced functionality and layout options, Soundcheck comes with four specially designed page templates.
- Blog – Display all posts in a blog format with the option to pick a specific category via the Theme Options.
- Discography – Show all audio posts (albums) on one page with this page template. All posts are displayed via a custom audio player with controls, playlist, and display options.
- Events – Display all scheduled/upcoming events from a specific category.
- Full Width – Show your content full width, without any sidebars.
Post formats are at the heart of Soundcheck, which includes audio, image, gallery, and video post format options. By setting a post format, Soundcheck will do something slightly different with the post to accommodate for the media type set.
For example, by setting the Audio post format on a post, Soundcheck will automatically grab any .mp3 files from the gallery and display them in a custom audio player.
In addition to the various supported Post Formats, there are a refined set of options available throughout Soundcheck’s Theme Options page, including:
- Image Logo Upload
- Enable site tagline
- Blog Category Select
- Events Category Select
- Featured Sidebar – Home Column 1
- Featured Sidebar – Primary
Hero Slider Options
- Hero Category Select
- Randomize Slides?
- Slide Animation
- Slider Speed
- Slider Timeout
Featured Carousel Options
- Carousel Category Select
- Thumbnail Count
- Page Display (enable carousel on a variety of different page types)
Audio Player Options
- Single Pages – Display Playlist
- Single Pages – Autoplay Audio?
- Discography Template – Display Content
- Discography Template – Display Playlist Button
Social Media Options
- Full width content is
- Content with one sidebar is
670and sidebar is
- Content with two sidebar is
430and each sidebar is
- Hero slider images
- Audio Player artwork