Portrait is an elegantly simple photo-centric theme with an emphasis on vertical (portrait) images.
To use Portrait to its full potential, we recommend that all posts have a Featured Image. These are displayed prominently on the blog, archive, and search pages.
While Portrait was designed for photographers and artists to showcase their work, it’s equally suitable for bloggers, scrapbookers, and writers who want to add a bit of visual flair to their site. We designed Portrait to look good on all devices – from desktop computers and laptops, to smartphones and tablets.
Portrait supports several post formats, shown below: image (1), video (2), audio (3), gallery (4), and quote (5). Each format has a unique style for the blog, archive, and search pages. This adds visual interest to your content, and helps you tell your stories more simply.
Featured Content Slider
Portrait includes support for Featured Content, allowing you to showcase the most important posts on your site; use it to display up to five posts of your choosing. They’ll display as a slider to the right of your site title.
Custom Headers and Backgrounds
Portrait comes with a set of free color palettes that can be applied your site. With a WordPress.com Premium or Business upgrade, you can customize the colors on your Portrait-powered site further, and create custom palettes.
Portrait has two widget areas to allow you to keep things flexible. All widget areas will stay hidden unless you add widgets to them.
- Footer widgets – display at the bottom of every page on the site.
- Sidebar widgets – displas on all pages except the front page.
Portrait includes four page templates, providing additional functionality:
- Contributors – displays a list of all of the contributors to your website, sorted based on how many posts each person has published. Great for magazines and other multi-author blogs.
- Full-Width Page – displays a normal page, but with the sidebars removed so that you can have content that stretches the full width of the site.
- Projects – lists all the projects that have been added to your portfolio.
- Child Page Grid – lists all of the pages that are children of the current page. Handy if you want to create an index of pages.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- At full width, the main column width is
- The featured post thumbnails are
- The header image should be at least
500high. The height can be changed to suit your design.
- All featured images are generated from the same initial image, so make sure to keep the focus of the image in the center, as the surrounding content may be cropped.
- Custom Background
- Custom Colors
- Custom Header
- Custom Menu
- Full Width Template
- RTL Language Support
- Sticky Post
- Post Formats
- Post Slider
- Flexible Header
- Accessibility Ready
- Threaded Comments
- Site Logo
- Author Bio
- Blog Excerpts
- Breadcrumb Navigation
- Featured Content With Pages
- Classic Menu
- Multiple Menus
- Social Menu