Mirror is a blog-focused theme showcasing large featured images and clear typography. A prominent slider in the header helps your top content shine. Mirror is ideal for businesses that want to keep their audience up-to-date with their latest news. For bloggers, Mirror displays eye-catching images that encourage visitors to keep returning.
Your Design, Everywhere
We designed Mirror to look good on all devices — from desktop computers and laptops, to smartphones and tablets.
With a WordPress.com Premium or Business upgrade, you can change the colors on your Mirror-powered theme. Here are some sample color combinations:
Featured Content Slider
Mirror includes support for Featured Content, allowing you to showcase the most important work, photos, or blog posts on your site. The five most recent posts tagged as featured content will be displayed in a slider on the front page of your site.
Mirror was crafted with care to work well in multiple languages, so it has full support for both left-to-right and right-to-left languages and is fully localized. If Mirror is not available in your language, you can find out how to translate it here.
Custom Headers and Backgrounds
Mirror gives you the ability to upload your own header images via Appearance → Customize → Header. You can also customize your blog with a background color or image by going to Appearance → Customize → Colours.
Mirror uses a series of custom sidebars to allow you to keep things flexible. All widget areas are invisible, until you add widgets to them.
- Footer widget area — displays at the bottom of every page on the site.
- Right sidebar widget area — displays on single posts and pages, but not the default front page or archive pages.
Mirror includes two custom page templates:
- Contributors — list all contributors to your website, sorted based on how many posts each person has published. Great for magazines and other multi-author blogs.
- Full-width page — displays a normal page, but with sidebars removed to have content that stretches the full width of the site.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- At full width, the main column width is
686, except in the full-width layout where it’s
- The sidebar width is
- Please keep in mind that this theme is responsive, which means that it changes size as the browser is resized.
- At full width the featured post thumbnails are
400high. If there is a sidebar, the featured post thumbnails are
- All Featured Images are generated from the same initial image, so make sure to keep the focus of the image in the center as the surrounding content may be cropped.
- The ideal size for the header image is
350high. The height can be changed to suit your design.