Lens is a photo-oriented theme, great for people who like to tell stories with pictures. The homepage prominently displays the featured image for each of your latest blog posts. Each image links to the blog post so visitors can read the accompanying text.
While Lens is designed for photographers and artists to showcase their work, it’s equally suitable for bloggers, scrapbookers, and writers who want to add a bit of visual flair to their site.
We designed Lens to look good on all devices – from desktop computers and laptops to smartphones and tablets.
Lens supports the latest WordPress wizardry, including infinite scroll. Infinite scroll helps to engage your readers by allowing them to see more of your content at once. If you have enabled footer widgets, then users will instead be given the option to load more posts.
If you have the WordPress.com Custom Design upgrade, then you can freely change the colors on your Lens-powered theme. Below are some screenshots showing the flexibility of this system.
Lens was crafted with care to work well in multiple languages, so it has full support for both left-to-right and right-to-left languages. If Lens is not available in your language, you can find out how to translate it here.
Custom Headers and Backgrounds
Lens offers two widget areas:
- Footer widget area – will stay invisible if you don’t add any widgets to it. This widget area will display on all pages.
- Right sidebar widget area will display on blog posts only, it will not show on the homepage, pages, or in the archives. This widget area will stay hidden if no widgets are added to it.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- At full width the main column width is
705except in the full-width layout where it’s
- The sidebar width is
- Please keep in mind that this theme is responsive, which means that it changes size as the browser is resized.
- The image thumbnails used on the homepage and category pages change dimensions based upon the size of the screen – however at full size they are
- All featured Images are generated from the same initial image so make sure to keep the focus of the image in the center as the surrounding content may be cropped.
- The site logo uses an image sized
120 x 80