After activating your theme, visit the Customizer to set up the theme as you wish. Here you can change the site title and tagline, layout, colors, background, widgets, static front page, and featured content.
When changing the tagline in the Site Identity panel, keep in mind that the tagline will be affected both within the header and footer areas.
To choose a layout, go to the Customizer’s Theme Options panel to choose from a variety of one, two, and three-column looks.
The demo uses the “3 Columns: Sidebar / Content / Sidebar” layout option.
There are three menu areas in DailyMag; primary, secondary, and social.
Note: The Social menu also appears in the footer.
Social links menu currently supports the following social networks:
There are three footer widget areas and two in the sidebars. Some of the layouts don’t show the second sidebar widget zone. Learn more about widgets.
The four most recent featured posts show right below the main navigation.
To set up the Featured Content area, follow these steps:
- Open the Customizer.
- Click on the Featured Content panel.
- Add a word to the Tag name field. Any post with this tag will display in the Featured Content area. (We suggest using “featured” as the tag to keep things simple.)
- Select from the other available customization options; you can choose to hide the custom tag from displaying on posts and tag clouds, and display tag content in all listings.
- Click the Save and publish button and close the Customizer.
- Edit a post that you would like to add to a tag using the custom word you set in Step 3.
- Update the Post.
Once two or more posts have the specified tag, the Featured Content area will appear. Visit your homepage to see the featured posts in the header area.
Learn more about Featured Images.
Next and Previous Post
Assign a Featured Image and Excerpt to each post if you want an image and short description to display here.