Make your site like the demo
- Create a page by going to Pages → Add New, then title the page and choose the Homepage template and save. This will allow you to create the look of the homepage from the demo.
- Go to Customize
- Go to Homepage Settings and choose A static page. Here you will choose the page you created in step one as the Homepage and Blog as your Posts Page.
- Then go to Theme where you can customize settings:
- To edit the sections below the featured slider on the homepage demo; Recent Projects and Writings, choose Front Page Settings.
Here you will see the title, description and anchor text for these sections, feel free to edit as you would like.
- Also within Theme, you can customize your Portfolio and Slider settings.
Here’s the settings of the demo:
- Next set up the Homepage Slider by following the directions below.
- Go to Appearance → Customize.
- Expand the Featured Content section in the Customizer.
- Add a word to the Tag Name field; we suggest using the tag featured to keep things simple since this is the Featured Content Slider.
- You have several customization options; you can hide the custom tag from displaying the item page and tag clouds and display tag content in all listings.
- Click the Save button and Close the Customizer.
- Portfolio items and Blog Posts both can be added to the Feature Slider. To do so, go to the Portfolio item or Blog Post that you would like to add, and add a tag using the custom word from Step 3 (we suggested using the word featured).
- Update the Post or Portfolio and head over to the homepage of your site to check out the super duper awesome Feature Slider! Once two or more Posts or Portfolio items have the specified tag, then the slider will appear on the homepage.
The image that will show up in the Featured Content Slider on the Homepage is whatever image that is set as Featured Image on a Portfolio item or Blog Post. Learn about Featured Images.
Remember, the Portfolio item or Blog Post must have the correct tag associated with it for the item to be displayed in the Featured Slider.
We suggest making all Featured Images for items you want to add to the Featured Slider that same exact size. For example, make all images that will be in the Featured Slider 1400×600 pixels or whatever you like. The size of the Featured Slider will adjust to fit the images, which is great because it lets you decide what size you want images to display at, but if you use different-sized Featured Images it can look a little weird when the Featured Slider rotates between images.
Custom Header Image
- Go to Appearance → Customize.
- Expand the Header Image section in the Customizer.
- Click Add new image. This will open your Media and there you choose an area within an already uploaded image or upload a new image. We recommend a header size of 1170 x 85 pixels.
- Click Crop Image
- Then you will see your new header within the Customizer.
- If you want to choose another image you can click Hide image or Add new image again.
You can easily add your Site Logo to Creative. Learn how to set up Site Logo.
Adding a Social Menu with Links
Creative contains a custom social menu with popular social menu icons that are displayed in the footer. It currently supports the following social networks: