Broadsheet is a newspaper theme. With 3 optional widget areas, and a huge homepage slider there are lots of options for creating interesting, immersive websites.
While Broadsheet was designed for newspaper style sites, it’s equally suitable for bloggers – with the widget sidebars that automatically hide when they are empty – you can make your Broadsheet powered site look however you want it to.
Your Design, Everywhere
We designed Broadsheet to look good on all devices – from desktop computers and laptops to Android, to smartphones and tablets.
Broadsheet supports the all the latest WordPress wizardry, including infinite scroll. Infinite scroll helps to engage your readers by allowing them to see more of your content at once. If you have enabled footer widgets, then users will instead be given the option to load more posts.
Featured Content Slider
The Homepage Image Slider is generated from a category specified in the Customizer options (in the Theme section).
Broadsheet was crafted with care to work well in multiple languages, so it has full support for both left-to-right and right-to-left languages and is fully localised. If Broadsheet is not available in your language, you can find out how to translate it here.
Broadsheet has a variety of options to allow you to tweak and adjust the theme so that it works exactly as you want. All options work using the WordPress theme customizer which means you can preview the changes as you make them safe in the knowledge that your users won’t be seeing a broken website.
The Broadsheet options allow you to change the number of featured categories to display on the homepage (the thumbnail image column), whether or not to display the date and social links in the header, and what category to use for the slider.
Custom Headers and Backgrounds
Broadsheet has designated color areas that work with our Custom Colors tool. If you want more flexibility, CSS will let you tweak to your heart’s content.
Broadsheet uses a series of custom sidebars to allow you to keep things nice and flexible. All widget areas will stay invisible if you don’t add any widgets to them.
- Left sidebar widgets – are a narrow column shown on the left hand side. This column will display on the homepage, blog posts, and pages. It does not display on the archives.
- Right sidebar widgets – are wider than the left hand widgets, and will display on all pages.
- Footer widgets – will display on all pages and are listed under the main blog content.
Broadsheet includes some custom page templates. These give you some additional functionality that you wouldn’t get with a normal theme.
- Contributors – A list of all of the contributors to your website (perfect or newspapers and magazines with multiple authors), sorted accorded to how many posts have been published by each author.
- Full Width Page – A normal WordPress page, only it has the sidebars removed so that you can have content that stretches the full width of the site.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- At full width the main column width is
701except in the full-width layout where it’s
- The sidebar width is
- Please keep in mind that this theme is responsive, which means that it changes size as the browser is resized.
- The featured post thumbnails (on the homepage) are
345pixels wide by
- The smaller post thumbnails are
105pixels wide by
- The category archive thumbnail images are
- All featured Images are generated from the same initial image so make sure to keep the focus of the image in the center as the surrounding content may be cropped.
- The site logo uses an image sized
120 x 120