Aquene is a stylish and lightweight theme crafted for magazines, newspapers, or personal blogs. A modern layout and quick customization options make it the perfect choice for any publisher.
Flexible Blog Layout
With Aquene, you can change your blog layout in seconds. Blog posts automatically in a two-column grid if you add widgets to the sidebar, or in a three-column grid when the sidebar widget area is empty. You can also change the sidebar’s position in the Customizer.
Aquene supports Featured Content, which helps you engage readers by highlighting important posts. There are two Featured Content sections:
- Primary: displays two posts along with their title, category, and author’s name, with the post’s featured image as a background.
- Secondary: displays three posts with their title and author’s name, with a round thumbnail image (created automatically) next to the titles.
Aquene was created with great attention to typography to offer a distraction-free reading experience. Special formatting for introductions, drop caps, and pull quotes let you use styling to guide readers through your posts and pages.
Multiple Color Palettes
Aquene includes six free featured color palettes. (For unlimited colors and fonts, upgrade to the Premium or Business plans.)
The Sticky Header allows readers to access the website’s header content, like navigation menus, without scrolling up. On the blog, archives, and pages, the sticky header displays navigation links; on single posts, the sticky header displays the title of the post and a reading progress bar.
Aquene comes with three Custom Menu locations:
- Header Menu — located next to the site title.
- Footer Menu — located at the bottom of your site.
- Social Menu — displays social media links at the top right of your site and at the top right of your footer.
Multiple Widget Areas
Aquene comes with two widget areas: one in the sidebar, and one in the footer. The footer widget areas display once you add widgets to them.
Whether using a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device, Aquene’s responsive design gives all your visitors a consistently beautiful experience.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- The main column width is up to
- The optional sidebar is up to
- Recommended featured image width is
- Recommended featured image height is at least
- The Site Logo will display up to
500wide; larger logo sizes are recommended as they will display sharper on retina devices.