1. a change or variation occurring in the course of something.
2. interchange or alternation, as of states or things.
3. vicissitudes, successive, alternating, or changing phases or conditions, as of life or fortune; ups and downs: They remained friends through the vicissitudes of 40 years. 41 more words
Tags » The Library
1. shining brightly; radiant; gleaming:
Crystal chandeliers and gilded walls made the opera house a refulgent setting for the ball.
1. of, relating to, or situated or dwelling on the bank of a river or other body of water:riparian villas. 23 more words