Use the Tiled Gallery block to display multiple images in an elegantly organized tiled layout.
In this guide
To add the Tiled Gallery block, click on the + Block Inserter icon and search for “tiled”. Click it to add the block to the post or page.
Using your keyboard, you can also type
/tiledon a new line and press enter to quickly add a new Tiled Gallery block.
For more information, visit our detailed instructions on adding blocks.
After you add the Tiled Gallery block, you’re given two options: Upload and Select Images:
Upload allows you to upload a new image or multiple images from your computer to your website.
After adding the images, when you click on the block, a toolbar of options will appear:
The Tiled Gallery block has the following options in its toolbar:
- Change to another type of block
- Drag block handle to change the block position
- Move the block up or down
- Change alignment (center, plus wide and full widths if supported by the theme)
- Edit gallery to add or remove images
- Apply an image filter like Black and White, Sepia, and more
- More options
When you select a block, you will find additional block settings in the right sidebar. If you do not see the sidebar, you may need to click the Settings icon in the top-right corner to bring up the settings. This icon looks like a square with two uneven columns:
The Tiled Gallery block has the following settings:
The Tiled Gallery block includes an option for rounded corners that can be applied to all images added to the gallery.
In the Tiled Gallery block settings, there are three options for linking the gallery:
- Attachment Page: This will lead anyone who clicks on the images in the gallery to your site’s attachment page. This is an informational page about your image, which includes the image, the caption, the image description, and a comment field.
- Media File: This loads the images in a full-screen carousel, which your visitors can go through one image at a time. View Media Settings to adjust the carousel settings.
- None (default): This makes your images unclickable, so they don’t link to anything at all.
In the block settings sidebar, click on the Styles icon to access the design settings for the block. The Styles icon is in the shape of a circle with half of the circle filled in:
With the Tiled Gallery block you can display your image galleries in four styles:
- Square tiles
- Tiled columns
You can also enable/disable the image carousel and its settings like background color, whether to show photo metadata and comments.
More details for these standard block styles can be found in the following guides: