As mentioned in our Terms of Service, the use of ecommerce services on your WordPress.com site—such as a WooCommerce store or Payments block—must not violate our WordPress.com User Guidelines or sell any items that are prohibited, fraudulent, abusive, hazardous, or illegal. For example, you may not sell (or facilitate the sale of) any of the following in (or through) the ecommerce services on your site:
- Firearms or other weaponry, including parts, accessories, and ammunition
- Sexually explicit material
- Adult services
- Controlled and highly-regulated substances (including tobacco products and e-liquids, marijuana, and other cannabis-derived products)
- Alcohol sales are allowed in limited circumstances when using WooCommerce. See our guidelines for alcohol sales on WooCommerce for more information.
- CBD sales are also allowed in limited circumstances when using WooCommerce, and when payment processing via Square or Viva Wallet. See our guidelines for CBD sales on WooCommerce for more information.
- Personal information
- Content that infringes on anyone’s intellectual property rights
Bear in mind that these are just guidelines — interpretations are solely up to us. These guidelines are not exhaustive and are subject to change.
If you believe a store on a WordPress.com site has violated our Terms of Service or these guidelines, please report the site. We aim to promptly review and investigate all complaints that we receive, but if and how we respond will depend on a variety of factors, such as the information available to us and the type of violation. We may also contact the site owner to inform them of the complaint.