In the WordPress.com Reader, you can create custom lists to follow a group of blogs in one place. This guide will show you how to create and share lists.
In this guide
To create a custom list of blogs you follow, take these steps:
- Visit your WordPress.com dashboard.
- Click on Reader in the admin bar at the top of the screen.
- Select “Lists” from the options on the left.
- Click the “Create new list” option.
On the next screen, fill in the following information:
- Name: Give your list a short, descriptive name.
- Everyone can view this list: You can share a link to your list, and other people will be able to see a list of blogs in that list.
- Only I can view this list: You will be the only one able to view this list of sites.
- Description: Type an optional description of what your list is about.
Click Save to create your new list.
After creating a list following the steps in the previous section, your list will now appear under the Lists menu option on the left side of your Reader homepage:
Click the list to view posts in the list in chronological order, with the most recent first.
To add blogs and make changes to the list, view the list and click the “Edit” button to the right of the list name:
You can choose from four tabs:
- Details: Make changes to the list’s name, visibility, and description.
- Sites: View all sites in the list, remove any site, and add new sites via the “Add Site” button.
- Export: Export the list in an OPML file to import to other services.
- Delete: Delete the list.
You do not need to be following a blog to add it to a list. Additionally, removing a blog you are following from a list will not remove the blog from your Reader.
You can share a list for others to view and subscribe to in their own Reader. View your list in your browser and copy the URL from the address bar at the top of your browser. Make sure to remove
/edit part from the URL before sharing the link.