When a WordPress.com site owner passes away we like to help the family or estate determine what happens with their loved one’s WordPress.com site.
To notify WordPress.com about a deceased site owner, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the site owner’s name or e-mail address for the account (if known), the URL/site address, a brief explanation of the situation, and the desired action for the site (making it private or transferring it to another owner) in your message.
If you would like to transfer ownership to another account please attach the following:
- A copy of the deceased site owner’s death certificate.
- A legal document stating your authority to act on behalf of the deceased, or a signed, notarized statement including:
- Your first and last name
- Your current contact information
- Your email address
- Your relationship to the deceased site owner
- The action you’re requesting (e.g., “Gain access to the account.”)