Spotify is a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs. Think of Spotify as your new music collection. Your library. Only this time your collection is vast: millions of tracks and counting. Spotify comes in all shapes and sizes, available for your PC, Mac, home audio system, and mobile phone. Wherever you go, your music follows you.
In this guide
- Open your Spotify App.
- Click the three dots next to a playlist or a specific song.
- If you are using the Web app select Copy Playlist Link, or Copy Song Link.
- When using the Desktop app select Share → Copy Show Link.
The easiest way is to copy and paste a Spotify song or playlist URL directly into a new line in the Block Editor. The URL will automatically convert to an embedded Spotify song/playlist that people can listen to on your site.
Alternatively, you can add the Spotify block as explained below:
To add the Spotify block, click on the + Block Inserter icon and search for “spotify”. Click it to add the block to the post or page.
Using your keyboard, you can also type /spotify on a new line and press enter to quickly add a new Spotify block.
For more information, visit our detailed instructions on adding blocks.
- Copy the URL for the song or playlist you wish to embed.
- Paste the link you copied from Spotify where it says Enter URL to embed here…
- Click Embed to embed the Spotify playlist or song.
When you click on the block, a toolbar of options will appear above it:
The Spotify block has the following options in its toolbar:
- Change the block type
- Drag and drop the block
- Move the block up or down on your page or post
- Change the block’s horizontal alignment or width
- Edit URL (change the Spotify link you embedded)
- More options
If you do not see the option to change the width of the block to wide or full-width and your theme supports these options, it is possible the block has been added to a Group block. You can learn more about the Group block here.
When you select a block, you will find additional block settings in the right sidebar. If you do not see the sidebar, you may need to click the Settings icon in the top-right corner to bring up the settings. This icon looks like a square with two uneven columns:
In the block settings sidebar, click on the Styles icon to access the design settings for the block. The Styles icon is in the shape of a circle with half of the circle filled in:
From the classic editor, paste the URL you copied from Spotify in the steps above into the Classic Editor where you want the playlist or song to show. The URL will automatically be converted to the embedded player in the editor:
- Make sure the Spotify URL is not hyperlinked. If the URL is shown in your theme’s link color (as the second line in the screenshot below), then it is hyperlinked. Select the link and click the Remove icon to remove it.
Once the URL is unlinked, you will see the link text in black.
- Make sure to place the Spotify URL or shortcode on its own line. This means there should be no character or whitespace before or after the URL/shortcode.
- If the embed still isn’t working, make sure you also check our guide to troubleshoot embed links and shortcodes.