Want to use a custom email address with your domain, such as firstname.lastname@example.org?
WordPress.com offers an affordable, robust, hosted email solution called Professional Email, which gives you the ease of managing email from your WordPress.com account.
We also offer other solutions to meet your email needs described below. At any time, only one of the email options mentioned in this guide should be active on your domain. Multiple email services on the same domain will not work.
To add email to your domain, ensure you have a custom domain. Then go to Upgrades → Emails to view and select an email solution. The price for each email solution will be shown in your currency.
In this guide
With a custom email address, customers will know you mean business. Establish a professional online identity and stand out against the competition.
Project a trustworthy image to customers. Improve your email open rates and your chances of landing in your recipient’s inbox.
Strengthen your brand
A customized email address reinforces your brand with every email you send. Customers will come to recognize your email and domain easily.
Professional Email is an ideal option if you want an affordable, robust hosted email solution with the ease of managing it from your WordPress.com account. Add this to your domain to take advantage of the following features:
- Send and receive email using your custom domain.
- Includes email, calendar, and contact management.
- One-click import of existing emails and contacts.
Go to Upgrades → Emails to view pricing per mailbox. See Adding Professional Email to Your Site for more information. Please note that once Professional Email is activated, other email services such as Google Workspace will no longer work.
We also partner with Google Workspace for those who need a hosted email solution as well as the features and benefits of an office productivity suite (such as Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and more.)
- If you register a domain through WordPress.com, you can purchase a Google Workspace account at the same time.
- You can also add Google Workspace to an existing domain registration or connected domain.
- If you already have a Google Workspace account, you can connect your Google Workspace account to your custom domain.
If you do not need full email hosting, we also offer simple email forwarding as a free option.
- Email Forwarding lets you use your custom domain in your email address.
- All your mail will be forwarded to a personal email address you choose, and any replies will be sent from your personal email address.
- Email forwarding will not work in conjunction with a hosted email service like Professional Email or Google Workspace.
- Our Email Forwarding support guide explains how to get set up.
If your domain name and DNS settings are managed at WordPress.com, you can purchase email hosting from another provider and connect your domain to it. We do not endorse any specific provider. Here are instructions for several popular providers:
- Zoho Mail (pricing varies; includes support; easiest free solution according to our users)
- Microsoft Office 365 (price varies; includes support)
- Get an Office 365 account here
- You need to sign up for a Microsoft 365 Business plan
- Connect your Office 365 account to your custom domain
- Create an email hosting account at another provider
- Connect your other email hosting account to your custom domain