In this article
Building a website can be an expensive endeavor, but there are cheaper routes to take if you’re on a tight budget. If you’re in search of affordable websites for small businesses, then you’ve come to the right place.
Certain elements make some websites more expensive than others; however, you can take a different path and build a website that’s more than affordable without sacrificing the functionality that you need.
What makes the vast majority of websites expensive investments is the cost of hiring professionals to build them.
When hiring a web developer to build a custom site from scratch, you can expect to pay between $25 – $50 per hour. Creating a website can take anywhere from 10 to 20 hours. If you do the math, this translates to anywhere between $250 – $1,000. If you need more than the most basic website with essential features, your costs can skyrocket. If you want a completely customized design, you might need to pay an additional $1,000 or more.
When hiring a professional, your bill can end up in the $2,000 range. According to FitSmallBusiness, this amount can even exceed $10,000. This is pretty far from the idea of affordable websites for small businesses, right?
If you want to reduce your bill, you can try building a website yourself. Creating a website from scratch is a manageable task, even if you don’t have any prior experience.
One of the most popular ways to build a fully functional website without digging into your savings is by using WordPress.com. This platform lets you create a beautiful online presence without needing to worry about how it works under the hood.
Here’s what the process typically looks like, and why WordPress.com is a popular solution:
- Select your design from a library of beautiful, predetermined templates (called “themes“), many of which are free.
- Customize your design with various options that don’t cost anything. You’re never locked into one set look or family of features.
- Configure the must-have features that any small business website can benefit from, many of which are built into WordPress.com.
- Edit the content on your website, and publish new articles and posts by yourself (no coding experience is required).
- Get started for free, and upgrade to a paid plan if needed.
Taking the WordPress.com route might not cost you anything. Compare that to the $1,000 price tag that comes with hiring a professional to build your website.
Get started with WordPress.com to build yourself an excellent small business website for little-to-no-cost.
Thousands of small businesses and online stores call WordPress.com home.
Whether you’re looking to promote your business or share your story, we have a plan that’s right for you.Create your own website