While WordPress.com has been a popular platform for bloggers over the years, it has evolved dramatically. Today, almost anyone can find the features needed to build professional websites on WordPress.com.
There are so many features available that WordPress.com veterans might not even be aware of the platform’s full capabilities.
For a brief overview of what it can do, take a look at eight lesser-known but equally powerful WordPress.com features.
- Embed multimedia content (without knowing any code) — Want to place a YouTube video on your page? How about a Spotify playlist or Crowdsignal poll? WordPress.com allows you to insert all of these things and more by typing a line of text (called a shortcode) into your visual editor.
- Sell products directly from your homepage — If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, start selling your products online. With WordPress.com, you can collect online payments via PayPal, credit, and debit with a customizable Simple Payments button.
- Enable restaurant reservations — We all know how convenient it is to make a dinner reservation online. WordPress.com makes this possible from any page on your restaurant’s website with the help of the OpenTable Widget.
- Create posts on-the-go — You don’t need to be sitting in front of a computer to create a blog post. All you need is a smartphone and email access. WordPress.com lets you post by email so you can document your adventures as they’re happening. You also have the option to make a voice post from your phone.
- Join the conversation — Between its commenting features and active user community, WordPress.com is a great place to cultivate and join conversations. Recently, WordPress.com made it even easier to connect with others by introducing the Conversations feature, which lets you follow comment threads directly from your Reader.
- Build a social media community — Your website is a great online platform, but so are your social media accounts. Having the ability to use all of them at once takes things to a new level. WordPress.com offers social widgets that embed your Twitter timeline or Instagram photos into your website, so site visitors can choose to follow you on those platforms as well.
- Scroll infinitely — If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, then you likely know how addicting endless scrolling can be. If you want to create a similar experience on your WordPress.com site, enable Infinite Scroll.
- Make a podcast — Podcasts are more popular than ever. If you want to create one, WordPress.com simplifies the process by letting you submit audio posts from your website to Apple Podcasts.
WordPress.com runs on innovation and thrives on customer satisfaction. That’s why its development team is constantly working hard to improve and add great tools. This list is just a snapshot of the WordPress.com features you can use right now.
Thousands of small businesses and online stores call WordPress.com home.
Whether you’re looking to promote your business or share your story, we have a plan that’s right for you.Create your own website