According to W3Techs, WordPress powers more than 30 percent of the world’s websites. So, it’s safe to say that WordPress is a popular choice for those looking to build cohesive online presences.
WordPress is also a top choice among brand names, big businesses, and thought leaders alike. So, who uses WordPress?
Listed below are a few names that you might recognize. Take a look at how WordPress assisted in growing these popular brands.
The following artists, influencers, and celebrities host their websites with WordPress to promote their brands, attract followings, and spread their messages.
- Tim Ferriss built his website to provide additional resources to followers, and outline the concepts covered in his famous 4-Hour Body philosophy.
- Anne Marie “Ree” Drummond, also known as The Pioneer Woman, engages with her passionate following by sharing recipes and lifestyle tips.
- Charles Barkley’s WordPress website positions him to directly communicate with fans by sharing videos, contests, photos, and press releases.
- Snoop Dogg built his website to promote new music, share photos from concerts, and reveal upcoming projects.
These innovators rely on WordPress tools to update and engage with followers, while solidifying their brands. Each one of the tools used by the influencers above are available to every single WordPress user.
Why is WordPress the platform of choice for so many celebrities and influencers? Let’s take a closer look.
- First-time site owners and experienced web developers alike can find a WordPress plan that suits their needs and aligns with their level of technical savviness.
- You can build a free website in under 24 hours.
- Depending on your plan, community forums, email support, and live chat support are available to assist with your site upkeep.
- From photography to eCommerce and everything in between, WordPress themes are professionally designed and cater to a variety of purposes.
- Custom content types enable you to showcase a portfolio and establish credibility by sharing customer testimonials.
- Widgets combine function and form to empower site owners and visitors with added site features and tools.
- More than just a blogging platform, WordPress.com provides the necessary tools to complete any online project. While a blog can be a significant piece of your website, it doesn’t always have to be the focal point.
- With an upgrade, you can take advantage of Simple Payments or fully-fledged eCommerce plugins to sell products and services while accepting online payments.
- Jetpack features like spam protection and search engine optimization come equipped with every WordPress.com plan, ensuring that your site is secure while growing your brand.
From the outset, WordPress’s mission has been to democratize publishing by giving people from every walk of life the tools they need to spread the word about their interests, lives, and passions. The capacity to scale while remaining beginner-friendly also makes WordPress a popular choice for name brands and celebrities alike.
Thousands of small businesses and online stores call WordPress.com home.
Whether you’re looking to promote your business or share your story, we have a plan that’s right for you.Create your own website