A WordPress image gallery isn’t just a feature for photographers. It’s an excellent tool for anyone looking to showcase pictures in a way that’s easy to organize, share, and view.
This guide will walk you through two distinct gallery options, showing you how to implement a WordPress.com image gallery.
1. Use WordPress.com’s built-in gallery feature
This is a great option for website owners who only require basic gallery functionality.
- Edit the post or page where your gallery will go.
- In the visual editor, select Add Media.
- Select your photos and click “Create a new gallery.“
- Follow the steps to customize and insert your gallery.
- Learn how to manage your gallery styles from the Galleries and Slideshows page.
Are you using the new WordPress Editor? Creating an image gallery just got a whole lot easier — just use the Gallery block in your post or page and your photos will be ready for their time in the spotlight in no time.
2. Use a gallery plugin
Another popular way to add a gallery to your WordPress.com site is with a plugin — which anyone with a WordPress.com Business plan can enable on their site. Photo gallery plugins are useful when you have a lot of photos to share, or require more flexibility.
- Go to the Plugins page to view available and featured plugins.
- Select your desired plugin and click Install.
- Review the Plugins section in your WordPress.com admin panel to view your newly installed gallery plugin.
- Click View Details to learn about a plugin, or Settings to customize your gallery options.
Gallery plugin recommendations
Here’s a quick comparison of four popular WordPress image gallery plugins and their key features.
NextGen Gallery: If you want a gallery that can accommodate a growing website, then give NextGen a try. It’s powerful enough to handle small or large galleries. You can even upgrade to access advanced features like watermarks and image deep links.
Envira Gallery: If you want a plugin for beginners, then Envira is your best bet. With its pre-built templates and drag-and-drop builder, it has a reputation for being user-friendly.
FooGallery: If you’re a developer or freelancer who wants to display lots of quality images, then FooGallery is a great option. The responsive design makes thumbnails crisp and ensures compatibility on any device.
Modula: If grid galleries are your thing, then Modula is the perfect choice. It boasts a quick creation process with built-in social sharing buttons.
Once you select the right gallery for your website, you can turn your focus to taking photos. Get inspired by following a few of these stunning photography blogs.
Photo Source: Pexels/Porapak Apichodilok
Let our experts build your custom WordPress.com website.
Whether you need a landing page or a full ecommerce site, an online learning academy or an interactive informational site for your business, we can build it for you.Apply now