You’re about to share a new website with the public, and you want to launch it well. Learn how to promote your site launch and market your web presence so that you begin attracting visitors from the moment you hit “publish.”
- Capture leads in advance. Before you officially launch your site, publish a “coming soon” landing page. Include a form where site visitors can sign up for an email newsletter. Send out emails leading up to and on the day of the big launch.
- Email potential readers. Consider sending cold emails to potential site visitors or professionals in your industry before you launch. Be sure to follow up on the big day.
- Employ social media. Before you launch, share helpful content on your business’s social media accounts. Use industry-specific hashtags to find and engage with audience members, drawing their attention to your new website.
- Post to your personal accounts. In addition to announcing the site launch through your business’s social media accounts, share all announcements to your personal accounts. While your Facebook friends might not be your target audience, they probably know people who are, and they may be inclined to share your posts.
- Reach out to influencers. Conduct some PR for your new website. Find bloggers, YouTubers, and Instagram influencers with large followings. Can you offer them something (like a product sample) in exchange for promoting your business on their pages?
- Invest in advertising. Pay to promote the announcement of your launch on social media, spreading the word to a wider audience.
- Post on blogs. Whether on your own website or as a guest on someone else’s, blogging is an effective way to promote a new website. Make sure to focus on SEO, which will help your website rank higher in search engine results and grow your following in the long-term.
- Network. Whether online or in-person, use personal connections to spread the word. This can be particularly powerful if you also share information about other businesses, as they may feel compelled to share your information in return.
With these techniques, you’ll be positioned to successfully launch a new website, driving traffic to it from the moment you go live.
Thousands of small businesses and online stores call WordPress.com home.
Whether you’re looking to promote your business or share your story, we have a plan that’s right for you.Create your own website