In this article
Are you wondering what the best day to post a blog or article is? You’re not alone. This is a question that’s frequently asked by business owners, marketers, and content creators alike.
Before diving into the answer, let’s discuss a few important caveats:
- Your goals: Is your objective to get the most views and shares possible? Perhaps it’s to collect new email addresses or to generate leads. As you’ll see below, research indicates that various times of the day and days of the week can make a difference in how people interact with your content.
- Your customers are unique: Your specific customers might have different preferences from the general population. The majority might be more likely to read your blog on a certain day, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that your customers will do the same. That’s why experimentation and measuring results are important.
- Publishing your blog post or article at the “perfect time” isn’t enough—you still have to effectively promote it: How and where you promote your blog post or article is just as important as when you promote it.
According to The New York Times best-selling author and marketing expert Neil Patel, the three most effective marketing channels are through email, social media, and blogs. So, if you want to optimize the reach of your blog post or article, you’ll want to effectively use email and social media as well.
For instance, after you publish a blog post, email an interesting teaser about it to your subscribers, including a “read more” link. Also, be sure to promote it on your social media channels.
You’ve got a great blog post ready. You know which marketing channels you’re going to use to promote it. But when should you publish and promote your post to reach the largest possible audience?
According to MailChimp, weekdays show strong email open rates, with Thursdays being slightly higher than any other day. The best time of day to send an email is approximately 10 a.m. (in the recipient’s time zone). Saturdays and Sundays were found to be the worst days for optimizing email reach.
Through research and surveys, CoSchedule determined the best times to reach the largest audience on social media channels. If you want to optimize your blog post’s reach, here’s when to promote it on the five most popular social media channels:
- Days: Saturdays and Sundays, followed by Fridays and Thursdays
- Times: 3 p.m. for the most clicks, and 1 p.m. for the most shares
- Days: Mondays and Tuesdays
- Times: 8-9 a.m.
- Days: Wednesdays
- Time: Noon or 5-6 p.m.
- Days: Saturdays and Sundays
- Time: 8-11 p.m.
- Days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- Times: 5-6 p.m.
Just because you publish a blog post on a certain day doesn’t mean you have to promote it on that same day. Instead, you may want to time your promotional efforts according to the popular days and times listed above.
Remember: your audience is unique. Each post will have a higher chance of being seen by your audience on certain days, at various times. Using the information above as a guide, experiment and analyze your results to determine when the best day to share a blog post or article might be.
Thousands of small businesses and online stores call WordPress.com home.
Whether you’re looking to promote your business or share your story, we have a plan that’s right for you.Create your own website