If you’re looking to build a website or blog with WordPress.com, you might be unsure about what to feature. Whether you’re starting a lifestyle blog or a business site, these website ideas might be the inspiration you need to begin creating content.
- About Me page. Create an About Me page to share the background of your business or blog, telling your visitors about the history and team behind its creation.
- FAQ page. What questions are you most frequently asked? Answer them on one dedicated FAQ page.
- Cornerstone content. Encourage visitors to explore your website by creating “cornerstone content,” which is any relevant content about something you’re an expert on. This type of content has the added benefit of giving your website an SEO boost.
- Contact page. Make it easy for customers to get in touch by incorporating a page with your contact information. You can even add a contact form.
- Services or products. Create an online store to sell your products or services.
- Testimonials. Wow potential customers and highlight your products or services with testimonials from previous happy customers.
- Portfolio. Use a portfolio page to display some of your best work in an aesthetically pleasing way.
- Blog posts. You provide a lot of value to visitors from a dedicated blog section. Some cool website ideas for blogs include:
- Guest interviews. Ask an expert in your field questions that can help your customers or inform them about a subject of interest.
- Listicles. Write blog posts that include numbered lists of items relevant to your niche.
- Answer a question. Devote an entire blog post to answering a common question related to your industry.
- Roundup. Share relevant content from around the web, such as trending topics or helpful articles.
- Subscribe page. Create a dedicated page to encourage readers to sign up for your email newsletter.
- Where you’re featured online. Was your business or blog featured in an online publication or interview? Did you write helpful content that was published elsewhere? Increase your clout with a page that links to the other places where people can find you online.
These suggestions can help anyone looking for some good website ideas to get started. Try out a handful of the above recommendations, and you’ll be well on your way to creating a knockout online presence.