WP maps full width on Swell theme

• Author

Hello,

I am using the “Swell” theme that has full width images and videos everywhere, yet I can’t seem to be able to have a full width map (using WP google maps plugin) on the 2 pages where I would like a map displayed.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you!

Julien

The blog I need help with is vitaliseventssa.wpcomstaging.com.

Hi Julien –

Sure thing. What 2 pages did you want the map to have a full-width display?

Don’t forget that the business plan gives you access to live chat support 24/7. Head over to https://wordpress.com/help/contact/ to reach a live chat team member. We will be happy to help you here, but it does take a bit longer since we’re working asynchronous.

Hi Liz,

Thank you for replying.

I have tried the chat but they didn’t manage to help me get these maps full width unfortunately.

If you look on the wp link I sent, the “reference” and “contact” page both have maps, and I’d like them both to be full width (as the maps settings are configured, but that the “Swell” theme may be preventing).

Many thanks!

.entry-content, .entry-footer, .entry-summary {
        max-width: 1200px;

You would need to add the page id for each page that you want that code to be applied. My worry is that it will really mess up the mobile view of things. The vast majority of people are using mobile browsers and tablet views to browser online, desktop views are the minority now. Because of that, I’d suggest leaving the maps as they are.

Ok, I will try this and see how it works.

Thank you for your help,

Julien

The topic ‘WP maps full width on Swell theme’ is closed to new replies.