Would like to mimic the Sketch theme example

• I could really use some guidance in what exactly the designer of Sketch did for their homepage layout, I cannot figure out how in the world that is composed, I have tried Portfolio, tried various gallery layouts and nothing looks like the size, spacing, caption etc. Wish they provided some explanation as to how they utilize the various capabilities offered and possible.
    I really hate how the Portfolio looks and dont like the way the caption is over top of the image in the gallery.
    Any links to examples of good websites using Sketch would be welcomed too.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Some themes have various template options for pages. The homepage on the Sketch demo is a static page with the portfolio page template assigned to it. See the Portfolio Page Template section of the Sketch Overview. The Template section of the Page Attributes support page may also be helpful.

The Quick Specs section of the Sketch Overview says (dimensions in pixels):

Featured Images for portfolio projects are 800 wide by 600 (landscape), 1067 (portrait), and 800 (square) height

Regardless of the orientation of the featured images of your portfolio projects (landscape, portrait, or square), the thumbnail images on the portfolio page template will all appear the same size.

How to create a slider like that displayed at the top of the homepage (with the portfolio page template assigned) of the Sketch demo is described in the Featured Content section of the Sketch Overview.

• The topic ‘Would like to mimic the Sketch theme example’ is closed to new replies.