worried I may have spammed a referrer by mistake

• One of my slow-but-steady referrers for years doesn’t seem to appear on my stats this quarter, yet I can see on her site that her links to my blog are still in place, very odd. (Previous to this quarter she is still listed in my stats summaries as a referrer.)

I’m wondering if I may have clicked “spam” by mistake at some point on my stats referral section and lost the ability to see those referrals.

Can a staff person undo such a mistake? (I understand that I cannot do it myself after a certain no. of hours has elapsed). I would really like to know how many visitors come to my site via those referrals!

The referrer site is https://backstrapweaving.wordpress.com/

I will have rather sporadic access to the internet over the next few weeks so probably won’t be able to reply immediately to replies to this post, but I will check in as soon as I can.

Thank you in advance if you are able to help me with this!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Ingrid,

That referrer site wasn’t marked as spam for your site. When you mark a referrer as spam, that referrer is completely removed from your stats (past stats as well as current stats) so you won’t see them at all anymore. If you still see a referrer in your stats, for example in stats summaries, they aren’t marked as spam. :)

• Hi rachelmcr, thank you for educating me on this! I really appreciate it.

• The topic ‘worried I may have spammed a referrer by mistake’ is closed to new replies.