WordPress timer needs to redirect to different page

• It drives me crazy. The countdown reaches zero and thats it, I need it to redirect to the page of my choosing. I also need the timer to restart periodically each month. Please, please I think an improvement to the countdown timer would be beneficial, thank you for your time

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!
    I think that you will need a plugin to add those extended functionalities to the timer. Keep in mind that you’ll need a Business plan or higher to be able to install plugins here at WordPress.com

I would suggest looking for recommendations on this forum as suggested by macmanx (staff) on this thread: https://wordpress.org/support/forum/miscellaneous/

Hope this helps!

• Hi there,

Are you speaking of the Event Countdown block?

That block, which is unique to WordPress.com, is just intended to provide a simple countdown to a specific time. I see how the enhancements you suggest can be useful, and I’ll open an enhancement request for this. But I should note that enhancements like this are prioritised on how many people request them, so unless there’s many other people who also want these improvements, it’s unlikely that they’ll be added.

But there are many countdown timer plugins available, which you’d be able to use as you’re already on our Business Plan, so I also recommend you look into those to see if one of them might work the way you want.

• Sorry, would you perhaps mind explaining in more detail how this would work?

Reading your request again I’m not sure I understand – do you want the countdown to redirect somewhere else once it reaches zero? If so, that would only work for someone who’s viewing the specific page containing the countdown timer at the exact moment that happens, correct?

An automatic redirect like this without the visitor clicking anything could also be considered hijacking the browser window, and goes against web accessibility standards, which makes it unlikely that it’s something we’d implement.

If I’m misunderstanding, please let me know – the more context we have, the better we’ll be able to motivate an enhancement request like this.

• The topic ‘WordPress timer needs to redirect to different page’ is closed to new replies.