WordPress Reader

• This is a new problem, not specifically with my site. I experienced a problem with the WordPress Reader yesterday when trying to reply on various blogs I follow. When I hit the “reply” button and start typing in the box, WP will try to redirect me somewhere when I hit the “k” key when typing. I think some kind of malware has been injected into WP code. I can get around it by typing my reply into a text editor, then cutting and pasting it into the reply box. That works, so far. The redirect also seems to reset the post ‘Like’ button.

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• This problem is now also happening with the “j” key as of tonight. Another user has informed me they have reported the redirect problem, but no one has responded to them.

• I’m facing the same problem. Typing “l” leads to liking a post and yes the “k” and “j” are annoying

• Hi there!

It looks like some keyboard shortcuts are active on Reader. We’ve already reported this to our developers and, hopefully, a fix will be deployed soon.

For now, to comment on posts, you’ll need to visit the sites directly.

• Thanks for getting back to me. I’ll stick with cut & paste from a text editor for replies. It’s easier and safer.

• J, K and L are strange shortcut keys. I have none of them set as shortcuts. I use the Reader to comment because WordPress does not allow me to comment deirectly on about half of the blogs I comment on regularly. It doesn’t matter which browser I use, either.

• Indeed is. That way I can avoid the sticky situation.

• Hi folks,

The issue with Reader keyboard shortcuts being picked up from inside comments has been fixed now. Please clear your browser cache and refresh the page, and you should be able to comment normally as before.

@elcheo

WordPress does not allow me to comment deirectly on about half of the blogs I comment on regularly

Can you open a new support request at https://wordpress.com/help/contact and include links to three or four posts where you’ve had trouble commenting directly so we can take a look at this for you?

Also please include the browser(s), including version number, where you’re running into this issue, and include information on exactly what happens when you try to comment.

• All seems to work now. Thank you for fixing the problem.

• The topic ‘WordPress Reader’ is closed to new replies.