WORDPRESS ADDED MY EMAIL TO SPAM!!!!!!!

• Author

I use an e-mail address SPECIFICALLY and ONLY for wordpress and it is now receiving spam. If you can’t keep my email off of a spam lists, how can I trust you with other sensitive information!!!!!!!!??? I am now receiving spam from all these weird Canadian medications and viagara.

Additionally, now I just got a domain renewal from a SPAM site to renew my domain!!! ((email redacted) says that if I don’t send them lots of money my domain is going to expire. HA!) This is ridiculous.

You guys are a total joke and I plan to take my business elsewhere.

raincoaster

Actually this is your doing.

You have a custom domain. As you know, there is an upgrade called “privacy” which is available at an extra cost. You did not purchase this. Therefore, all the data you put in to register the domain, eg actual physical address, phone number, and email, IS PUBLIC.

That is where the spammer got your email, and how they knew you had a custom domain.

raincoaster

raincoaster

If you look it up here, you can see EVERYTHING http://whois.online-domain-tools.com/

I will refrain from doxing you in the forum, but your email is WordPress at your last name dot com and the last two digits of your phone number are 29.

Well that is one thing. But my PRIVATE e-mail address? They make my private e-mail public? That is a joke if it’s the case. Most websites make the person’s Name, address public. They never mentioned e-mail address. If so I was totally misinformed, again shame on them.

raincoaster

ALL domain registrations require that information, and they make it public unless you pay extra. It’s US law, I believe.

yeah. I freaking got it. Can you take it off???

I have another domain registered via google sites and it’s not public all that information and it’s FREE. delete your previous post while I figure the hell out how to damage control this. I want my site deleted ASAP.

raincoaster

I can’t delete my post any more than you can delete yours.

galois

It’s US law, I believe.

Not only in the US. I think throughout Europe also.

raincoaster

You can delete your site, but that won’t get your information back from the spammers; it will remain public until the domain expires.

Hey Raincoaster delete your direct link to my information. Are you really that mean?!!!

Well it doesn’t work like that with google sites. I’m not giving you people my other domain name, but whois doesn’t show any of that information.

raincoaster

I cannot delete my post any more than you can.

why. why the hell would you think of doing that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raincoaster

I hate exclamation marks.

raincoaster

BTW your domain at blogspot is not a custom domain, so you didn’t have to put in that information. If you had registered a custom domain for your blogspot blog, you would have put in that information and yes, it would be public.

If you had stuck with http://foodmakesthefun.wordpress.com/ here, you wouldn’t have had to put in that information and the information would not have become public.

What a coincidence, I hate motorcycles and old men who ride them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raincoaster

Hating on a charity ride to raise money to fight cancer? I should have put your dox here.

Were you really a freshman in 2004? Because you sound like one now.

raincoaster

Oh goodness me, what a surprise!

Poor Andy, I really do have to get that changed.

The topic ‘WORDPRESS ADDED MY EMAIL TO SPAM!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.