Wordads Revenue Stats probably missing a multiple of 100

• This is my first month trying on wordads, and I’m very unimpressed. From the start it was already shady that real-time ad rev and impressions data isn’t shown, but now it turns out even the earnings report can’t be trusted.

This morning, the report said that I have 62,961 ads served, but only $0.70. Now it says I have the same amount of ads, and $0.85?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi kaho4140

I am tagging this post as ‘modlook’ for Staff assistance please wait for some time they will get back to you on this

• Hi there,

From the start it was already shady that real-time ad rev and impressions data isn’t shown,

We make use of multiple ad networks and advertising partners to serve ads on WordAds and we only receive earnings data from those partners at the end of each month. Then we process that data to allocate the correct amount of earnings to each individual site.

This morning, the report said that I have 62,961 ads served, but only $0.70. Now it says I have the same amount of ads, and $0.85?

We have processes that double check earnings once they are posted, and it appears in this case we found a discrepancy and automatically updated it. The current earnings are correct, though.

Advertising rates fluctuate constantly. The online ads system is similar to the stock market where advertisers bid in real time. How much they bid depends on various factors, including where your views are coming from (two thirds of views on your site for February are non-US, which pays much less than US views), the type of content on your site, the time of year, people using ad-blockers, etc.

• So assuming that it was a very low rate of 2000 view for $0.85, out of the 21,140 views from the US, 19,140 had adblock on? I’m sorry but it seems seriously unbelievable.

Also, I can understand that advertising rate fluctuate, but shouldn’t they have bid and paid for the adspace before having the ads displayed? It doesn’t seem to make sense to decide on a price after their ads have been shown for a month.

• One last question, how do I remove the wordads ads from my site’s pages? My site isn’t hosted on wordpress.com and I had added the ads with the AdControl plugin. I’ve changed the settings to ‘do not show any ads’ but it doesn’t seem to be working.

• they’ll remove it for you XD I complained yesterday, now my site had been removed from the wordads program due to “non-human” traffic.

They didn’t even provide solid upfront proof.

• Haha, thanks. As long as they get rid of the ads too I’ll be happy.

• So assuming that it was a very low rate of 2000 view for $0.85, out of the 21,140 views from the US, 19,140 had adblock on?

Where are you getting those numbers from? There isn’t a fixed rate per view for earnings. For one view an advertiser might bid $5. For another view advertisers might not bid at all. So it is completely impossible to know exactly what the rate per ad was.

Also, I can understand that advertising rate fluctuate, but shouldn’t they have bid and paid for the adspace before having the ads displayed? It doesn’t seem to make sense to decide on a price after their ads have been shown for a month.

The price is not decided after the ads have been shown. As I said above, ads are bought by advertisers in real time as people arrive on your site. They only send us the data of how much they paid for ads on which sites at the end of the month. They don’t only decide the price then.

how do I remove the wordads ads from my site’s pages? My site isn’t hosted on wordpress.com and I had added the ads with the AdControl plugin. I’ve changed the settings to ‘do not show any ads’ but it doesn’t seem to be working.

I don’t see any ads on your site any more. Deactivating ads from your site settings is all you need to do. If you are still seeing ads it’s most likely due to caching, either in your browser or on your server.

@mineralwater321

Please follow up in the email ticket we already have open with you if you have any questions. We do not discuss terms of service issues in the public support forums.

• @kokkieh With sites that implement adsense, the revenue split for authors is generally $0.50 per 1000 views. If those sites could afford that standard split, I’d assume that the revenue they get from ads per 1000 view is higher.

However, I’m over it. It is a pity it didn’t work out because wordads tend to be non-intrusive and have pretty good quality content, plus it was easy to implement. The revenue generated was seriously laughable though.

I’m still having a problem with the ads still being there. Yesterday I cleared the cache on cloudflare, there’s no cache on my website, and I’ve cleared the cache on my browsers. I checked with my phone and my computer, then tried checking with a random school computer that I had never used before, and the ads were still there. Are you sure that the ads are gone? The ads are generally at the bottom of the pages where the comments are and take a few seconds to load.

• Are you speaking of these ads?

https://cloudup.com/c6zEWE1KCOt

Those are not added by WordAds, but by the Disqus plugin you’re using for comments. You need to pay Disqus to have those removed. See:

Important Changes – Disqus Ads Are No Longer Free to Disable

https://help.disqus.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1969476-updating-your-advertising-settings

• Oh, I’m sorry. I added wordads around the same time those ads popped up so I had linked them with wordads. Thanks for pointing that out and sorry about bothering you with an unrelated problem.

• No problem at all. I’m happy to help :)

• The topic ‘Wordads Revenue Stats probably missing a multiple of 100’ is closed to new replies.