WordAds

• I just bought premium awhile back on January 19 and started Wordads immediately. But I checked the total earnings for January 2021 and found it’s only $0.90.

What I don’t understand is that, you have served 100,000+ ads yet I only made a whopping 90 cents. Especially when my views average 2000+ daily, with a significant amount coming from North America. I have checked the CPM and for the past 27 days or so it never went over $0.01, sometimes it was even $0.00! Yet, I post quality writing twice daily and get at least 1800 views on a bad day and even above 2500 views on a good day.

I am not trying to get rich off of Wordads but 90 cents doesn’t even cover the $8 I have to pay per month for my premium subscription. Could someone explain to me why the ads on my site are worth so little?

At this point, I am not seeing any reason why I should not just refund my premium subscription and move elsewhere.

My site is theirontreeblooms.com

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I can see this is frustrating for you and I totally understand. Take a look at the WordAds FAQ below under “Earnings & Payments” and let’s see if we can’t at least shed some light on what’s happening:

FAQ

Basically, the short answer is, you need more traffic to bring in more views which in turn makes your site traffic more valuable to those bidding for the ad space on your site. 1800-2500 is good but to get paid more, you need more views than what you’re currently seeing.

There is more information on the link above but the best thing you can do is keep writing your content and then sharing it. Sharing it allows others to share it and come check out hour site which, as I’m sure you can see where I’m going, brings even more people in making your site traffic grow.

Please respond here if you have any further questions on this and I or someone else will be able to help.

• I understand that WordAds earnings depend on the bidding of ad space and this bidding of ad space depends on site traffic.

But I also know that my current traffic should not be worth a couple cents. I have done my research and others using WordAds or Adsense did not have a CPM of a consistent $0.01. I could understand if during the first couple of days when only in-house ads were put up on my site for my CPM to be just $0.01. But surely not after a month? Especially when my traffic is not just a few hundred views a day but 2000+. Besides, I know that some people did not start out with $0.01 cpm. Check this link out of a wordpress blogger’s WordAds stat:

https://rtp2020.medium.com/i-made-1-53-on-my-first-day-of-using-wordads-83fda6c819fa

Unless these people are lying and WordAds does not pay as they say with all the requirements met then I concur.

• Hello there,

Many thanks for getting back to us.

I totally appreciate where you’re coming from here, and I know that the question of earnings verses traffic can be an ambiguous one.

At this point I’d like to offer reassurance that everything on your site looks hindrance free thus far, as far as being able to earn is concerned.

Earnings do fluctuate from day to day, so this is something to keep in mind.

I hope this helps and provides reassurance.

• Thank you for getting back to me. It does reassure me somewhat that there are no problems on my end hindering ad revenue.

At this point, it seems like there is not much else to do but wait and see over the next few months. I will keep my reservations about WordAds and whether if it is worth renewing premium until then.

• The topic ‘WordAds’ is closed to new replies.